BENG CODE OF CONDUCT
As a condition of membership it is required that BENG members do not actively solicit other members for personal gain. This includes, but is not limited to, activities such as selling insurance, financial services or outplacement services. Presenting your business at a BENG meeting is not considered soliciting.
BENG is a voluntary, non-discriminatory, networking association of mid to senior level business executives dedicated to the philosophy of “Members Helping Members”. BENG member interactions are based on the principles of honesty, good faith, and mutual respect.
BENG members are responsible for:
- Assisting members in their job search and networking building efforts by freely sharing contacts with fellow members in a timely and accurate manner;
- Using discretion when dealing with contacts;
- Providing timely and accurate membership data;
- Respecting the confidentiality of information provided by members;
- Assisting members with relevant knowledge, skills, and experiences as may be sought by and appropriate to a networking association of members;
- Assisting with the furtherance of the networking association through volunteering resources, including time, to the group; and,
- Complying with BENG procedures and policies, including, but not limited to, the BENG Solicitation Policy.
Members shall ensure that their dues and member directory profiles are current. Attendance at chapter meetings and social events is a significant part of the networking process. Members are encouraged to attend regularly and be active participants.